Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista BlueScreen Happening Daily

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zombie Superman

Zombie Superman

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Our PC has begun to act up in the last month or so, with increasing freezes and restarts. Thanks for any help in advance. 

Here are the problem details from the last restart:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:    d1
  BCP1:    00000000
  BCP2:    00000002
  BCP3:    00000000
  BCP4:    80741395
  OS Version:    6_0_6002
  Service Pack:    2_0
  Product:    768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini022313-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-5882048-0.sysdata.xml
  C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3CE2.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hello Zombie Superman,

If we could gather a little more information about the problem computer, it might prove helpful in pointing toward a solution.

1. )  Please follow this link:  BSOD Posting Instructions Windows 8 - Windows 7 - Vista.

• Follow all instructions with the exception of:
    • Create a new thread HERE and attach the file(s) after step 4
  • Note: Both files, autoruns and JCGriff2 BSOD collection app, of Step 1 need to be in the Documents folder.

Next, Upload the zipped folder to a File Sharing website of your choosing because Bleeping Computer has a 512 K only upload limit and this file will be much larger.   

2. )  To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy by Piriform. (mirror site)

• Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot.  Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click, Copy to Clipboard and  paste this address into your next post.

3. )  Please download MiniToolBox by farbar, save it to your Desktop, then run it.

• Check the following checkbox:
    • List Installed Programs
  • Then click Go.
    • Highlight the contents of  Result.txt.  
    • Copy (Ctrl + C), then Paste (Ctrl + V)  the contents of this file into your next post.

Regards,
Brooks

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

I received this PM, 3/7/13:

I'm not sure if the two were related, but the BSOD is no longer happening. I now have a nasty virus or malware. The "Start" screen opens upon logging in to my account, programs, folders, or locations open on their own, and multiple windows (Firefox, Chrome, IE) open, sometimes as many as one hundred at a time. SuperAntiSpyware has removed a few Trojans and some spy and malware. I've run Malwarebytes a few times, but nothing's being found. I've tried to use the chameleon feature in MBAM, but it's running a quick scan that's finding nothing. Where I do I go from here? Many thanks, Chris

I suggest that you post in the Bleeping Computer, Am I infected Forum, as your topic is beyond the regular Vista Forum.

Good luck.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

OP initiated new topic in AII, now being worked, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487788/seriously-compromised-system/#entry2996454 .

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 08 March 2013 - 10:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users