Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

best combination for pc security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paulos123

paulos123

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

im asking your precious advice for best protection combinations for my pc.

i know that the best firewall is comodo and best internet security kaspersky(maybe bitdefender)

i have installed kis 2013 on my pc.now for better protection(cause i want comodo firewall)

what am i supposed to do,install comodo firewall and kaspersky antivirus?or install kaspersky internet security and comodo firewall but of course close kaspersky's firewall from its settings.

im saying all that cause i know that the internet security has much more protection stuff than antivirus(not just firewall)

p.s i dont want any suggestion for free antivirus just paid versions.

any help or advice is much appreciated,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

.......... and comodo firewall but of course close kaspersky's firewall from its settings

.Personally only: I find there is no need to mix Comodo into this if you are going for a Kaspersky suite.
Kaspersky mixed with Comodo may cause more trouble than it is worth  Please fully read > >
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/#entry2316622

Thank You -

#3 midou1994

midou1994

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

I won`t trust the Site top ten reviews much but even they have given excellent ratings to Kaspersky`s Firewall its stands 4th behind comodo,Bit Defender

If your are going for KIS I would Recommend you to go for the Full Package as I think it will offer the best performance rather than switching of certain features of KIS and installing other Firewall...........

Midou

#4 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Right now im actually having just Windows built-in FW on mainpc. Though i don't got any particular important data on it ever i click on all links that i could find basically. My tip is just to not have any "popular" exploit programs installed on such PC like PDF readers, Java and outdated Flashplayer etc then you'll be fine. 

For the average user i would absolutely recommend Comodo Suite, by personal experience. I dont doubt Kaspersky either and besides NoD32 Smart is always an option to go aswell if you like it smooth and clean.

Why don't you just install a sandbox and run every unknown executables and SFX archives and such inside that. Ofcourse you could never be 100 percent protected this way since its still a coded program and humans got flaws but very secure still. 

https://www.virustotal.com/sv/
http://www.sandboxie.com/

And stick away from cracked content and such. The people doing these things know what they are doing and even though they show up as VIP or Trusted members on TPB or other popular torrent webpages precautions schould always be made.

Besides from that you don't need anything special and i'll you hope will be safe 

Best regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users