Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia gt 630 crashes while playing frozen throne only

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 katanashi

katanashi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

I can play games which requires high graphics like devil may cry4 and other online games (eden eternal, ragnarok 2) but when I"m about to play frozen throne, the game seems to crash (graphics is distorted or garbled).

First I updated my nividia gt driver but the problem still persists. I lowered down the refresh rate to 59hertz, still not working, I also set the resolution of FT to 1440 x 900 ( high resol) still no avail. Other games that I played seemed working fine except for this.

Here's my specs:

Nividia gt 630

gigabyte mobo

intel i3 3.20ghz

4GB ram

500GB hdd

psu 600w

Please help. TIA!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,206 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hi,

Since you say it only happens on this one game, is this game - Frozen Thrones - particularly demanding on graphics ?  It occurs to me that if it is, it could be your card over-heating. Have you tried cleaning the fan and the fins on the heatsink ?  If you are going in to do that, you might as well give the CPU a clean as well !

An other line of approach might be to turn down your resolution a bit - that would reduce the demands on the graphic card.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Is Frozen Throne an actual game name?  The only thing I can find is that it is part of Warcraft 3's name.  Please post a link to the Frozen Throne game website.

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users