Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dead Links

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hamish127

hamish127

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:32 AM

Hi i was wondering if i could get some help!When i log on to some web sites usually there are about half the links i cant access!.If i click on them nothing happens and some of the pictures dont appear they just have a little box with an x in it .Any help would be greatly apereciated!Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:58 PM

assuming you are using internet explorer, try resetting your IE settings. in IE click on>>>>
1.tools>internet options>advanced>restore defaults
2.tools>internet options>programs>reset web settings
3.tools>internet options>privacy>default
4.tools>internet options>security>select and make all 4 icons to default
5.tools>internet options>general>settings>view objects>right click and uninstall anything that says damaged, if java is also damaged, you will have to uninstall it from add/remove programs, and make sure to DL it again.

www.java.com in case you need to remove java and re-installit.

also do you use a popup blocker? if the default settings dont work, try temporairly disabling it.
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

It would also be a good idea to delete your temporary internet files, since sometimes the accumulation of gunk will prevent things from opening. You can easily do this with the Windows disk cleanup utility.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

john has a good point, here is a link to a great utility that really cleans all your temps out. you may be suprised to find out just how much temporary crud resides on your hdd taking up valuable space.
http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users