Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 veillettecathy

veillettecathy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

I bought  a Asus K55a Rbr6 October 2012 and have had similar issues that you describe and Asus's support is disappointing as is Walmart returns as I bought online went to return it 15 days after rec'd via FedEx but forget my slip so then I end up having surgery and laid up but returned to Walmart to return or repair as there is a 1 year warranty, I was told "too late to return cause I bought online" so I ask Asus support phone so I could bring it for repairs.. Walmart could not find Asus or phone number in their manufacture/products they sell, it just was not in the big book she looked thru.. I  had no wireless for over a month and finally called Verizon support to walk me thru putting in more secure wireless "MAC" address and I have had no connection problems since, I also got in touch with Asus support and they walked me thru a partition or recovery of partial recovery which also helped although I wanted a clean reinstall and a CD sent to do a reinstall but I had to pay $60 for a recovery CD so I am still  waiting as it has not been shipped out and they do not know when but they took my $$..

Cathy

Edit: Split off to prevent confusion

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 23 February 2013 - 12:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users