Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secunia Updated Software Still Shows As "Update Needed."

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RAPHelp

RAPHelp

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ran Secunia – saw programs that needed to be updated (e.g. Foxit).  Updated – program shows it is the latest update (in this case, 5.4.5...).  When I run Secunia again, IS STILL SHOWS FOXIT AS NEEDING TO BE UPDATED.

What have I done wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Are you closing out  Secunia after the update and then running again?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 RAPHelp

RAPHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Yes – updated program (Foxit), then closed Secunia and restarted Secunia.  Maybe I should have closed Secunia before updating … Think so?

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I don't think that would have changed anything. I would lean toward deleting and downloading foxit again, but I've never used the program...

I have had situations where secunia didn't recognize it's own program update and I updated fron the software site in question and it solved the issue.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 RAPHelp

RAPHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

OK - thnsasks for4 the tip- I'll give it a try ... but FireFTP (an FX add-on)was updated and secunia didn't recon the update either.BTW am using secunia 3.0 (think thjat's the latest).

#6 RAPHelp

RAPHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Well, mixed results.

Deleted Foxit – ran PSI again… It said Foxit needed update (maybe because the Foxit subfolder still existed).  Just in case, reinstalled PSI (had version 3.00 before and installed the latest version 3.00 again – display was different – really weird).
Anyway, PSI didn't display Foxit as needing an update… Reinstalled Foxit and PSI was okay.

Different software – same problem: PSI said FireFTP needed update (FireFTP is a Firefox add-on).  Updated and ran PSI, but it still said update needed.  Remove/reinstall?

#7 RAPHelp

RAPHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Removed/reinstalled Foxit with PSI run in between (which said Foxit needed update).  After reinstall of Foxit, PSI still said update needed.  (Thinking about giving up.)

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Though normally you would want the latest version of an app, the most recent version of Secunia is terrible. So what a lot of us have done is uninstalled Secunia 3.0 and gone back to Secunia 2.0. I suggest you do the same. You can find it at the link below on the right hand side of the page.

http://secunia.com/products/consumer/psi/sys_req/

#9 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

At this pt. I'd follow frankp316. I've had to do that with other software...worth a shot.

#10 RAPHelp

RAPHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Great, thanks for the updates… I'll try PSI 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users