Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran Combofix due to misguidance, please help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dele21

dele21

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

My computer has been lagging for about two weeks now. Figured I had a problem so I scanned it with a bunch of AV software (all in safe mode) to include: MSE, Malwarebytes, ClamAV, Hitman Pro, Bitdefender, and Spybot. ClamAV found two trojans and removed them, and I thought all was well with the world. I was wrong. Windows has been crashing and basic programs such as Outlook and Chrome have been sucking up major memory and freezing my system. 

Out of desperation, I did some research and read about some awesomely powerful program called Combofix that would magically solve all my problems. So I downloaded it and ran the whole process. Like I said I was desperate. It wasn't until after it was finished, when I read the logfile and the quarantined-items file, that I realized that I was in over my head. I did some more research and found that I in no way should have been messing around with such a program, especially with my lack of IT background.

I'm an idiot? You are preaching to the choir.

So here I am, a lowly beggar, asking if someone can please let me know if I really messed up, and if I haven't, than how I can get this virus out of my system. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I still have both log files, just let me know if I need to attach them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dele21

dele21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Sorry, just realized I shouldn't be posting about this in this specific forum. Already reported!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

OP reposted in MRL, currently being assisted, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486373/ran-combofix-due-to-misguidance-please-help/#entry2985253 .

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users