Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When I Burn Audio CD's Using Itunes NO Tracknames SHOW UP?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Phabeon

Phabeon

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

I'll admit. I used to get my music ILLEGALLY but out of Frustration I bought my last few albums off iTunes and still no change..

WHENEVER I burn my Audio CD no info shows up in my Alpine car stereo..

Itunes however shows the Artist name, Album name, and song title name..

I burned a cd today and made sure I check marked INCLUDE TXT when before burning it and no title track name shows up.  HOWEVER the playlist title I made for this album NOW does show up...

What am I missing here?

This is on an original MacBook Pro running Itunes version that won't read/recognize Iphone 4 and above..

oNe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

What kind of disc are you trying to burn?  A "music" disc (i.e. it will use the same format as an actual audio disc that you buy from a store)?  Or a "mp3" disc?

I don't believe that a "music" disc will display names of songs or artists.  I don't believe that the "music" CD format supports including text information (the playlist name is just putting a name on the disc...i.e. if you stick that disc in your Mac, the name of the disc in the Finder will be that name).  I know that a store bought audio CD will NOT have any track information.

In order to get than, you will need to burn a mp3 disc.

In order to be able to burn a mp3 disc, you will need to first convert those songs that you bought from the iTunes Store that you want to burn from the AAC format that Apple sells them as into a MP3 format.  Once you have done that, then you can burn them to a disc using that MP3 format.  Your car stereo should be able to then display song names, album, artist, etc...assuming it supports that, which I am assuming it does.

Here is the instruction from Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH1748

Note those instructions are for iTunes 10, but should basically work for iTunes 11 as well.  Older version should work nominally the same as well.

Now, if your car stereo can play AAC files, then you can also burn those as AAC files.  I honestly don't know if iTunes supports burning in that format or not as I have never tried it (the stock stereo in my car only supported MP3s, but my new Alpine CDE-HD138BT does support AACs, but I have not tried as I can just play music from my iPhone).  Even if it does not, you can just burn the disc using the Finder.  You just burn it as a data disc in the Finder...just like if you were going to burn those AAC files to the disc for backup purposes.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Firstly, the Alpine stereo does show the tag info from commercial CDs?

It's not something I've bothered with myself, so I can't vouch for the information, but maybe try the instructions here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5855309_embed-track-titles-audio-cds.html

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Firstly, the Alpine stereo does show the tag info from commercial CDs?

Not likely.  To my knowledge, commercial audio CDs don't ever include tag information (I could be wrong with newer CDs, but have not tried a newer CD in my car stereo to see).  So, unless the Alpine stereo has an Internet connection and the ability to access the Gracenote database, it ain't gonna happen.

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,208 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Recent CDs do indeed carry tag info and they display on the Sony stereo in my 2005 Nissan. So as long as we confirm Phabeon's can also display the tag info, then it should just be a matter of creating the CDs correctly.

#6 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hello All..

1. I have not purchased a cd in over 15yrs..

2. I know my alpine player can display stuff as its had it before.. back before I had a mac and used Win XP and winamp to burn m cd's.. or was it NERO.. it was Nero..   

It wasn't until I went to Itunes on the mac that I "lost" my display info..

and again, I am trying to burn AUDIO cd's not an mp3 cd(though my alpine will play those as well). +

I will try to burn another cd again 2nite..

Copping the A$ap Rocky album Long.Live.A$AP 2nite off Itunes..   have you guys got this yet?  Sh@tz gonna blow up.. mark my words..be song "F@cking Problems"  will be a big hit.. I can already tell..

hollla if ya hear me..

oNe

#7 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

So, I did confirm that my Alpine stereo did display track info for a recent commercial CD.

So, when I get a chance later this week, I will experiment with burning an audio CD from iTunes.  It is possible that iTunes just does not offer that ability...and we might have to see if we can find an alternative program.

#8 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Itunes does allow you to burn audio cd's I have been doing it for ages.. 

and I found the solution:  When you burn your audio cd, in the pop up screen that asks you to confirm your burn speed and the pause between tracks, there is a box that needs to be selected..

INCLUDE CD text

I reburned the same CD(cd-rw obviously) with that checked and I NOW have cd text info on my audio cd's..

I will try to get a picture when I get home..

oNe

#9 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,208 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

Thanks for letting us know how you've solved the issue. It might well answer the question for someone else in the future! :)

#10 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

no problem man, here ya go...

When burning an Audio cd via Itunes ENSURE Include CD Text box is checked if you want track/title info to be included on the audio cd. 

itunes10-m4p-to-mp3-burn-settings.jpg

#11 hecjr2

hecjr2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Phabeon,

I did exactly what you did, but for some reason, I can not get the artist name to show in my car, only the track name and the name I assigned the playlist. Any ideas?

#12 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Phabeon,

I did exactly what you did, but for some reason, I can not get the artist name to show in my car, only the track name and the name I assigned the playlist. Any ideas?

Yes, 2 things 2 consider..

1. Make sure u have the Artist name in the INFO box, ie, select ur song then command I(or right click / Get Info / 2nd tab) make sure the artist is filled in on the artist name section.. Then OK to save ur changes, I like to Select all the tracks in album then command I for get info and then any changes u make are applied to all the selected songs..

So mke sure u have that, otherwise..

2. Majority of players display the artist name in one of the other display modes.. So u may hav 2 toggle that on ur player..

I.e. display mode 1 shows album name, display mode 2 shows artist name, display mode 3 shows song name

But most likely it's #1..

Holla back Young'N

oNe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users