Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Crash Analysis Tool

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 codajohn

codajohn

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:45 AM

While surfing around, I decided to check out Dell's site. I logged in and found a few things. One of them was their Crash Analysis Tool utility. After installing this is what it found.

Crash Analysis Tool Scan Results
Category: Application Drivers
Driver Manufacturer Version
ATWPKT2.SYS America Online, Incorporated 10.0.1.1 built by: winddk
TPkd.sys PACE Anti-Piracy, Inc. 5.0.0.2014
tfsnifs.sys Sonic Solutions 1.04.07b
SYMIDSCO.SYS Symantec Corporation 5.3.2.71
SYMTDI.SYS Symantec Corporation 5.5.1.6

I believe PACE is a anti-pirating software that probably came with SONIC. Did some checking on my own.
Symantec is Norton.
The AOL is our payed service.

Are these problems that I need to address? :thumbsup:

I also went through the Driver section and compared my current Driver dates with the Drivers listed with Dell. Most of my drivers were not current as per their date listings. I always check with the MS Update site and haven't had any Driver update notifications.
Should I listen to MS or Dell?
Thanks,
CJ

Edited by codajohn, 02 April 2006 - 11:15 AM.

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2, 2.80 gh Pent 4, ST94811A 40.01 GB, External 250 GB Maxtor HD, 2GB Ram, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A, External LG-5163D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2gh Pent4, 120gb HD, 1GB Ram, BenqDW 1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:13 AM

None of these programs/files will hurt your syetem. They may in fact cause problem if you remove them. I found the following MS article you may want to look at. It is in reference to TPkd.sys. The reference to Sonic may be DVD burning software. Do you have Sonic Software on your computer?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=262575

http://www.sonic.com/
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 codajohn

codajohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:13 PM

Thanks :thumbsup: for the information about the Dell Utility and links.

Should I post the other question about the Dell Drivers in a different section? :flowers:
I'm cetainly not rushing you in any way.
Thnaks,
CJ
Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2, 2.80 gh Pent 4, ST94811A 40.01 GB, External 250 GB Maxtor HD, 2GB Ram, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A, External LG-5163D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2gh Pent4, 120gb HD, 1GB Ram, BenqDW 1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:43 PM

Since it is a different topic, start a new topic in this forum. If hardware drivers I would start a topic in the Hardware Forum. You are not rushing me. You are doing just fine. I am looking forward to your next topic.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users