Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer bogged down - Outlook WAY slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MLPRow

MLPRow

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

This has been happening on this computer for weeks now.  We have many Gigabytes of data in Outlook folders, but archiving these out to shrink the mailbox size has not improved the performance of Outlook.  In fact, many times the archiving process stops completely before finishing.

Aside from that, the rest of the computer is sluggish as well.  We are using Egnyte (an online data storage facility) and those operations seem to be sluggish.  Internet activity in general is sluggish.  We don't have the world's fastest internet connection here, but other computers don't seem to be as bad as this one, even with the same amount of Outlook data in the mailbox, so I'm not convinced that Outlook is the only problem with this computer.

Things seem to slow down even when no activity is taking place according to CPU usage (resmon, etc.).  I have disabled things like the indexer and even the Egnyte synch to see if those were slowing us down, but to no avail.

I am here because I need to get this problem solved as soon as possible as it is costing us a great deal to not be able to work on this machine.

I can submit dumps from MiniToolbox, etc. below, but don't wish to post them until they are requested.

Best regards and thanks for your willingness to look at my issue.

ML

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 MLPRow

MLPRow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

x

Edited by MLPRow, 22 February 2013 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users