Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange commit charge in task manager

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hughesranch

Hughesranch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hello,

I have a laptop that runs XP home. When I go into task manager in the bottom right where 'commit charge' is displayed it has xxxk/49! . Now the xxxk is always changing but the 49!(exclamation point) stays the same. This laptop will freeze up if I attempt to do windows update or run a couple of other pgms. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill, Tx

I forgot to mention that I have already downloaded and run Malewarebytes and it found nothing.

Edited by Hughesranch, 22 February 2013 - 12:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Can you post a screen shot of the performance?

How much RAM do you have installed?

How large is your hdd, and how much free space do you have.

There are three figures for the commit charge, the total, limit, and peak.  What are the two figures you have posted.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Hughesranch

Hughesranch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

I checked into recommended memory settings for that laptop and found that 4096 was recommended and this one was at something like 2048. So, I changed it and now all looks normal. Thanks for your response.. Appreciate your time. Great forum, I've been reading other issues. Maybe someday I could actually help out.

Thx,

Bill

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Glad to hear you have it sorted out.thumbup2.gif

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users