Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot order in Hp ProBook 6570b

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kenzki

kenzki

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

i recently bought a Hp ProBook 6570b with a windows 8 installed. May be its me but didnt like this operating system. I have been trying to downgrade it to windows 7 but failing. My issue is that when i go to bios through f10 select a boot order i cant seem to find a DVD drive option. Same case while i try to press F9 to choose a boot order, cd.dvd drive option is not available...please help me on this one..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi

Are you using any of the preboot security tools? Like encryption, face recognition, fingerprint, etc. I think it is called HP ProtectTools.

You may need to disable those.

In addition, you may need to disable secureboot if that is turned on (I would expect it on that computer).

James

#3 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

In my hp elitebook the cd drive is labeled as spare bay -

as in the bios settings there are options to turn off booting to the spare bay and usb items - make sure yours are turned on

as well as look for the secure boot option and turn it off as James said.

#4 kenzki

kenzki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

so by disabling hp protect tools, does Anti theft lie around protect tools?..I tried to boot from usb and it keeps on telling me that an error has occured might the protet tool be responsible for this...can you send me command tools to disable all this because at the moment everything in this bios is kinda "greek" to me. thanks.

#5 kenzki

kenzki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

i have already disabled the secure boot but still has issues not allowing me to select the DVD drive as my boot option...i dont think i am using  the Hp protect tools or does enabling Anti theft lie under protect tools?

#6 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

HP protect tools may be obtained from http://support.hp.com

if you are using windows 7 64-bit english this is the exact link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5212930&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5212927&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4059#7887

now that I think about it you'd be better off starting at this page because you would still have windows 8 installed - protect tools run from within windows.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=5212930&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodClassId=-1&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5212927

I think you would be better off checking the bios to enable different boot options but it would require you to describe the different menu screen (pictures are always helpful). The options are generally under System Configuration - then Boot Options - And Boot Order

Edited by AngryRaisin, 25 February 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#7 kenzki

kenzki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

thanks Angryraisin and james litten for your help after burning the midnight oil i come across another forum and did manage to crack it. the problem was tht my machine was in UEFI and i changed it to Legacy n it worked so well.

#8 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

nice - good job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users