Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start up repair cannot repair automatically

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anthonyp

anthonyp

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

OH Great Repair Guru's who have fixed my computer from certain death several times, I now bring to you a problem i have not seen before.  I searched a little for a solution but sadly have given up in frustration.

Vista is my operating system.. thats about all i can remember.

when you turn on the computer it shows the normal DELL screen with the F2 Setup and F12 Boot in the top right hand corner...

then it goes to a gray ugly screen and says, "unable to start windows"  begin Start up repair...

it runs for a while, i assume it is uploading all my data to some foreign country....

Then it comes on and says "start up repair can not repair automatically"  would you like to send this info to Microsoft"

Startup Repair V2

1 u fail over

2 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000 

3  6

4 393221

5 bad patch

6 oxa

7 0

8 2

9 WRPRepair

10 0

os version 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Then it offers to System Restor files to a previous date....

then it runs a while...

then it says

System restore did not complete successfully your compters system files were not changed

system restore failed due to an unspecified error

cannont create a file when that file already existst (0x800700b7)

Now i have options of

start up repair

system restore

windows complete pc restore

windows memorty diagnostic tool command prompt.

I wait for your great knowledge and expertise.

Thanks

AP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

I would try a repair installation, this will not effect your personal data or programs you installed.  You can find a tutorial for running the repair installation and a site where you can download Vista SP1 ISO file here.

Edited by hamluis, 23 February 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 anthonyp

anthonyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Sorry, when i click on that file it loops me around to this same page we are on....

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Repair Install For Vista

I'm not sure how this is happening, this is the second time today that I've posted a link BBC to have the link take the op back to their topic.  The link above is the same as the one in the previous post of mine.

Edited by dc3, 23 February 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users