Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Terminal Services not starting causing Norton 360 not to load

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FXWG

FXWG

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

My hard drive had to be replace and I'm trying to reload Norton 360. When I do I get an error message about terminal services not working. I click on the link in the error message I'm then taken to a flow chart that says to click start > run > servicec.msc > locate terminal services and remote call in the services list and make sure they are both set to automatic and are both started. Terminal services does not appear in the list. Remote call is OK. I looked in system32 and system32 drivers and termsrv.dll is there. I even deleted it and reinstalled, still no joy. It's a 2005 Dell XPS 400 which is now running 2002 XP MCE SP3. I really hate to take it back to the guys who worked on it because every time I drive past their shop they want to delete all my files. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Download

Termservice

Launch it and click YES

Restart the PC and try to start terminal service

#3 FXWG

FXWG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

That did it. I can't believe it was that simple. Many thanks. I bow to your infinite wisdom. bowdown.gif

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

welcome.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users