Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Security Settings

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Al_graze

Al_graze

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:21 AM

In Local Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > "Access this computer from the network"

Which users/groups should I remove (if any?) in order to secure my PC? Screenshot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:38 PM

well, how and who do you want to be able to give access to?
do you need to access anything within your lan? or do you want to block everything?
how many computers do you have on your lan? do you use VPN?
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 Al_graze

Al_graze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

well, how and who do you want to be able to give access to? do you need to access anything within your lan? or do you want to block everything? how many computers do you have on your lan? do you use VPN?

Hey Snapper,

I'm inquiring about my home PC, and there are NO computers networked to mine (no LAN)... I connect to the internet through a Local Area Connection (Hybrid Cable ISP with a Motorola SURFboard SB5100 + router) to Amnet.co.cr (which I guess makes it a WAN?) :thumbsup:

#4 Al_graze

Al_graze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:27 AM

I'm inquiring about my home PC, and there are NO computers networked to mine (no LAN)... I connect to the internet through a Local Area Connection (Hybrid Cable ISP with a Motorola SURFboard SB5100 + router) to Amnet.co.cr (which I guess makes it a WAN?) :thumbsup:

Bump! :flowers:

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:59 PM

Do you want to know which to delete so you can make your computer more secure?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#6 Al_graze

Al_graze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:34 PM

Which users/groups should I remove (if any?) in order to secure my PC?

#7 Al_graze

Al_graze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:09 AM

After reading up on the subject I came to the conclusion that these groups are just default categories that are available to assign users to... I'm going to leave them alone; in any case, it's the users that matter and the groups that they can be assigned to...

Hope this some day helps somebody...
:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users