Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unlocking flies with .block extenstion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 la05

la05

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

I took my computer to Geek Squad to see if they could remove the FBI Virus on my computer and fix my broken files (docs, pics, etc.). The Geek Squad was able to completely remove the FBI virus that was on my computer but was unable to fix the corrupted files from the virus. All my documents/pictures have a ".block" extension and even removing this from the file name they still will not open. The Geek Squad said I would need to take it to a computer company that is able to unlock these files. Hoping that you all can give me step by step instructions on how to "unlock" these files myself rather than spend another $200, only to hear they can't fix the files.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

-Lisa

Edit: Moved to the More Appropriate forum From the Logs forum.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 21 February 2013 - 03:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users