Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dsl-504t + 2 Pc's - How Do I Network Them?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hagbag69

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:07 AM

Hi all,

I've got two PC's here, and DSL-504T router, and no idea how I can transfer files between the PC's, and I'm sure there must be a way!

Can anyone tell me what I've got to do to get them talking to each other?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:47 PM

ordinairily, with a router, this is decently easy. as long as your computers are set to DHCP for their ip addresses (default), their network settings are within each other's. there are more things to look for too here is a small checklist to go through.
1.for simplicity, they should be of the same workgroup.ex:workgroup or mshome .on winxp you check for this by >right click on my computer>properties>computer name

2.make sure you have a folder marked as shared.(xp sp2 has by default)

3.if you have any firewalls active, either create a new rule for them, or TEMPORARILY disable them. the latter i do for troubleshooting only.

4.now that this is done, make sure you have rebooted if you made any network settings changes, then check to see if you can see the other computers on your lan.
double click on my computer>my network places>view workgroup computers.

hope this helps, let us know how u made out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users