Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Ubuntu 12.10 (it crashed the first time installing while I edited a text field while installing) and then it crashes when I use my mobile broadband usb stick /w it, and it doesn't let the Software Center load?! Besides that I used a crappy usb stick which was known to be corrupt and I noticed there were only like 4 games (and the download size was 740mb) apart from the fact that the free Jaunty Jackelope 10.4 version of Ubuntu comes /w 6-10 (including the 4 or so different card games, and snake!) or so games and they're all for toddlers. Though playing chess was cool (even though the gui sucked). Quantal sounds like a nice name, lynx linux is also good, oh I forget these codenames easily, though Jaunty Jackelope stays on my mind since it's the cd I got for free!!! /endrant

Edited by hamluis, 24 February 2013 - 06:42 AM.
Edoted for readability - Hamluis.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

For a moment there, I thought I completely lost it, my Ubuntu crashed once during Software Updates, (and again when d'ling Pidgin) and my harddisks weren't showing up in the boot sectors, and I panicked, the kernel was updating while the screensaver kicked in and I lost control over the ui and that's when I just gave up on Ubuntu. It crashes every 15 minutes, and at random! Race condition, critical section, don't know what it could be.

Edited by hamluis, 24 February 2013 - 06:44 AM.
Edited for readability, merged topics - Hamluis.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

#3 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

Hi, A bit more info might help if you're looking for assistance.

Version of Ubuntu? Sole o/s or dual boot or Wubi? Specs of the machine that it's on?

Thanks.

p.s - could you use another font colour please? That one's quite hard to read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users