Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

major issue with custom build!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ilbruno87

ilbruno87

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'm having an extremely hard time with the computer i'm trying to build. I will list all the components I bought:

Asus p8 z77-v lx motherboard

Asus 12x blu-ray writer 

evga geforce gtx670 

corsair tx750m psu (750W)

Intel i73770k lga1155 processor with cooler master hyper 612 heatsink

2 8gb patriot ddr3 ram memory

Samsung SSD 250gb

1tb WD hard drive

At first I hooked up the Ram, CPU, and SSD only and it powered on just fine. So then I hooked up the rest of the stuff and 

1. it doesn't power on at all if I have the Graphics card hooked up to the PSU

2. If The GPU is connected to the mother board but not the PSU, the computer will power on but it doesn't give me display

3. When I hooked up the SSD, HD, and the Optical Drive, the SATA Data cable hooked up to the optical drive burned up and started smoking. (I had the main Sata power cables hooked up on the backside where the HD and SSD are so I used the peripheral connection to connect the O.D. to the PSU) and this is where I stopped obviously...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

I'm not quite sure what you mean with this?

3. When I hooked up the SSD, HD, and the Optical Drive, the SATA Data
cable hooked up to the optical drive burned up and started smoking. (I
had the main Sata power cables hooked up on the backside where the HD
and SSD are so I used the peripheral connection to connect the O.D. to
the PSU)
and this is where I stopped obviously...

Any SATA drive needs to be hooked to data (the smaller cable) and the Power cable which has a the larger connector.

4%20-%20SATA%20connectors.jpg

I suspect that at this point you need a New BluRay drive and maybe power supply.

One thought I had as regards the GPU.

It is either defective or You are using the wrong cable for power to the card.

The 4 pin, Sometimes 8 pin CPU power connector and the 6 Pin Video card power are not interchangeable. The Polarities are wrong. If the wrong cable is used the power supply will not turn on to protect itself.

I would love to see Good Clear photos showing everything.

Inserting An Image Within A Post

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

Sample: badcaps.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good Luck

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 21 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users