Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invalid System Time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StormZ

StormZ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:22 AM

hey guyz...im having this one small problem for sometime now , and cant seem to find out wuts the deal. I have this laptop, actually got it from some1 for free :thumbsup: ... well , first of all , the laptop doesnt have a battery ...only AC.... running at 850mhz and 248ram....i have a windows xp installed on it....the problem im having is that....at times , the computer just fails to startup...when i check the bios , it wouldnt detect any harddrive on board ...after few times booting up...eventually it will get into windows...and the first thing it will show is , "Invalid System Time.The time or date on your system is invalid. Please use the date/time applet in the Control Panel to properly set your system time and date."

I did try that , but it still comes on..on every startup...its really annoying when u hve to start up the laptop a few times just to get into windows....is the motherboard gone?...or the cmos battery is dead?....i hope someone can help me out on this...thankz in advance....

...hope i dint post in on the wrong forum...

Thankz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:56 AM

I would guess the CMOS (BIOS) battery needs replacing. It could also be an issue of not having a primary battery. This can lead to unstable voltage. I have had this issue with the main battery on a Sony Vaio.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 StormZ

StormZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:05 AM

thankz for the input....well, wut i will do is , get a battery for the laptop and see whther it works or not....and replace the CMOS battery as well...

well im not sure if im right..but replacing the cmos battery means..i have to install fresh version of windows and install back all the drivers and soo on....or i just plug the new battery and its ready to go...

thankz

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:23 AM

Just install a new battery. After the BIOS setting get back to normal the issue should clear up unless that was not the problem. I woud hold off on the main battery till you see if the CMOS battery works. But I think you may have to have the primary battery.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users