Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email spoofed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jennem

jennem

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

My business email is a prodigy.net email, previously held by Yahoo, now by AT&T. I access it both through Outlook Express and mail.yahoo.com.

The email address has been spoofed--that is, someone is sending out tens of thousands of emails and making it seem like it's coming from my email address. (It's not, I've checked every possible Sent box and have changed the password and security information repeatedly.)

It's been going on for nearly a year. I get hundreds of bounce-backs daily (filtered to Spam). I get reported for spamming all the time and the account has been closed down once.

I am simply not in a position to change the email address--it would mean losing touch with hundreds of clients and discarding thousands of dollars of printed material. Is there anything that can be done to stop this? AT&T was of no help at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hello jennem  and Welcome -
Please make sure all passwords are changed, and the issue is reported to your ISP and Email supplier(s).

You should not need to change your email address, just do all of the above -

Thank You -

#3 jennem

jennem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

All done more than once and made no difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users