Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird dos pop up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yoshi6300

yoshi6300

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

recently i noticed this pops up every time i start my pc and im not sure what it is can anyone help me out

edit forgot to mention it usally closes itself about 30 seconds after i start my pc but today it doesn't close itself and i cant end the process 

if this is in the wrong section im sorry i was a bit worried and just clicked windows 7 if it needs to be moved please move it

Attached Files

• Attached File  g.jpg   94.39KB   7 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 21 February 2013 - 09:48 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ginmasterjedi

ginmasterjedi

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

good chance it may be a fragmented registry. Download RegCleanPro. It's a very very great program that will tidy up the registry and will take care of random pop ups.

Download it here

http://bitsnoop.com/search/all/reg+clean+pro+crack/c/d/1/

#3 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Story

This tool is a real quick and dirty program that I whipped up in about 5 minutes (took longer to set compiler options than write the code) which uses ShellExecuteEx to spawn a "detached" process. It is actually just a hidden process that doesn't appear on the task bar but it does appear in task manager or anything that enumerates processes. I wrote it because of a post in microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin. Simply specify quiet "command" and it will run whatever it is hidden. If the program doesn't exist it will pop a dialog box which is annoying but if the program is in the path somewhere it will execute it. Please note that logging off will kill the process as it may be hidden from the user but it isn't hidden from the system.

someone has decided to run a program that they don't want to be seen in the taskbar of this computer - if you are the only person using this computer then that person should be you.

#4 yoshi6300

yoshi6300
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

update found the process it was a bitcoin miner which i did not put on my pc not 100% sure how it got there but whatever

also it was disguised as adobe update and was in app data

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Seem to be plenty of malware references, http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=mining.eligius.st+virus&oq=nining.eligius&gs_l=hp.1.2.0i13j0i13i30l2j0i13i5i30.0.0.1.3969.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.les%3B..0.0...1c..4.psy-ab.sQ3bzZUhtIE&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42661473,d.dmg&fp=b3359863b85606b5&biw=640&bih=380

Let's move you to Am I Infected.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users