Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire 5749 won't boot. No HDD found

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sheheryar Noor

Sheheryar Noor

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

I had bad sectors in my HDD and i copied all my data to my exxternal HDD. Then i was running Partation Guru to find out the errors it scanning for errors i went outside when i came back pc was restarted and was showing this message" No bootable device--Insert boot disk and press any key".

And then i tried to insall windows 7 but it doesn't show the HDD there. I was googling and found something about "ListParts by Farbar" i scanned and it gave me a Result.txt file but the foruim where i read about it i am not able to post the log file there.

ListParts by Farbar Version: 16-01-2013
Ran by SYSTEM (administrator) on 20-02-2013 at 22:19:04
Windows 7 (X86)
Running From: Y:\
Language: 0409

========================= Memory info ======================

Percentage of memory in use: 10%
Total physical RAM: 3947.86 MB
Available physical RAM: 3527.12 MB
Total Pagefile: 3946.14 MB
Available Pagefile: 3530.76 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1973.54 MB

======================= Partitions =========================

1 Drive d: (CD_ROM) (CDROM) (Total:3.73 GB) (Free:0 GB) CDFS
2 Drive x: (Boot) (Fixed) (Total:0.03 GB) (Free:0.03 GB) NTFS
3 Drive y: () (Removable) (Total:7.53 GB) (Free:6.92 GB) FAT32

Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt
  --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---
  Disk 0    Online         7725 MB      0 B         

Partitions of Disk 0:
===============

Disk ID: 00000001

Partition ###  Type              Size     Offset
  -------------  ----------------  -------  -------
* Partition 1    Primary           7725 MB      0 B

======================================================================================================

Disk: 0
There is no partition selected.

There is no partition selected.
Please select a partition and try again.

======================================================================================================

****** End Of Log ******

Here my result is. I was running windows 7. Anyone have any idea what to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ben79k

ben79k

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Sounds like the the hard drive died. You have a couple options; remove the hard drive and test it from an external source such as a desktop computer with available sata ports, or you could try booting from a USB or CD into ubuntu just to make sure your other hardware is working as intended. if none of that works i'd suggest buying a new hard drive, if you're trying to save money you could even buy a cheap external USB drive, open it up and take the 2.5inch HDD out and use it. note that those HDDs are normally slow 5400RPM ones. Best of luck.

Main Rig: FX4100@4.2Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1866, ASUS M5A99X EVO, 2x Radeon 6870, 128GB Vertex4 SSD, 1TB HDD, Thermaltake Chaser MK-2

#3 Sheheryar Noor

Sheheryar Noor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

That's what i am making sure. It still have warranty but would they take it even it is dead?

#4 ben79k

ben79k

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

if it's warrantied - that's what it's warrantied against. send in just the hard drive if you can (consult warranty pamphlet) because i've seen friends of mine get charged a lot more than they should have for "extra" things that "needed repair".. as long as you have your files backed up externally i can't see anything to lose :) best of luck

Main Rig: FX4100@4.2Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1866, ASUS M5A99X EVO, 2x Radeon 6870, 128GB Vertex4 SSD, 1TB HDD, Thermaltake Chaser MK-2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users