Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gigabyte dmi pool data problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pallmall

pallmall

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

im having a problem with the DMI pool data verification during start up 

mobo= gigabyte x58a-oc 

hdd wd green caviar 1tb x2 and a 60 gig corsair SSD

ok so whats going on is im trying to remove the SSD from the desktop and place it in my laptop. when i do this my desk top well not recognize my windows system disk during start-up but the moment i put the SSD back into the desktop i boot into my os with no problems. 

what its saying after post is " verifying DMI pool data......" then it asks. "boot from cd/dvd...." after that it asks to insert system disk and push enter. the thing thats got me is my OS is not installed to the SSDits in the primary WD HDD how i know this is the SSD is 58.5 gigs free of 60 i know that extra little bit that missing is the allocation unit which every storage unit has.

i would like some info on how to get by this problem 

the ssd was installed before my os 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Go to Disk Management...Start/Run/type dskmgmt.msc and hit Enter...take a screenshot and post same, reflecting both drives attached, please.

How To Capture And Edit A Screen Shot - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43088.html/page__gopid__2493350

Louis

#3 pallmall

pallmall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

thank you but i figured out how to fix it. basicly what i did was take the drive out then turn the system on with my WIN 8 dvd in and did the auto repair took about 10 seconds to do and everything was working fine 

it seemed like windows had placed the MBR or some other mandatory boot file on the SSD instead of placing them with the rest of windows on C:\  . if i run into the problem again i well be sure to get a screen shot of Disk management 

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

FWIW:  If you want to move the boot files to another location/partition/drive...you can install EasyBCD  and use that function to do so.

Glad you solved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users