Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't change adaptor settings amongst other things

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 robendog

robendog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hi my bleeping computer has a number of issues after my brother in-law thought he was super awesome and would fix it for me.  From where I was standing there was nothing wrong and I did not ask............now he is gone and I am left with the following.......................................

On boot there is a pop up from the taskbar something like Group Policy Client has failed...................

I regularly get a pop up that says NLAapi.dll is not designed to run or contains errors.........

Recently got a new router/modem and when following the installation instructions it prompted me to change the adaptor settings.........I click on this option in the control panel andnothing happens, a little bit of surfing around in control panel has revealed that there are other issues like cannot open system restore most of the time.  Managed to open it once an the only date available was two days ago......did system restore.....did not fix my issues.

What did he do???  I have asked and he claims he did nothing that would cause my issues but I do recall he was randomly deleting programs that apparently I do not need (I do not think he has a clue what he was doing and does not seem to remember what he deleted.......*&^$!!!)

I run Avira antivirus and it will not run a system scan.  I click and the window pops up, but nothing happens from there.......

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users