Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help...cannot get rid of AVG

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MIDTEX22

MIDTEX22

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

I have tried several times to uninstall AVG but it will not go through the whole process.

I get this error message: AVGUI.EXE – Bad Image

The application or DLL C:/program files/avg2013/avgntopenssslx.dll is not a valid windows image, please check against your installation diskette.   

Can someone please help me?

I’m running windows XP professional. If you need additional information please let me know.

Thank You - Jesscia

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,558 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Try reinstalling it again then uninstall it. If that doesn't work go here and find the appropriate uninstall tool for your operating system. If that fails try OPSWAT AppRemover. Be advised to uncheck OPSWAT Security Toolbar when installing AppRemover.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 MIDTEX22

MIDTEX22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Thank you for getting back to me so quick! I appreciate it. I will try your advice and go from there.

Thanks Again, Jesscia

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,558 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

You're quite welcome. Let us know your results in case we need to pursue this further.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

If you still have a problem, here is the Official Removal tool and directions -
How to uninstall AVG (remove it permanently from PC). From AVG site -
How to uninstall AVG 2013 (remove it permanently from PC)

AVG - FAQ Knowledge Base

Download-tools

How to uninstall AVG (remove it permanently from PC)Click on Start > All Programs > AVG 8.0 > Uninstall AVG
 If you experience any problems with the uninstallation procedure, please follow the steps below:
Download the latest installation file of AVG from the Download section of our website
After downloading, run this file and choose the Uninstall Product option in the Select Setup Type dialog
Finish the removal process and restart your computer
:What is AVG Remover?AVG Remover utility (available in the Tools section) removes all parts of AVG installation on your computer, including registry items, installation and user files on your disk, etc. AVG Remover is the least option to be used in case the AVG uninstallation / repair installation process has failed repeatedly.
Warning:
All AVG user settings will be removed after the uninstallation, as well as the Virus Vault content and other item related to AVG installation and use. During the removal procedure you will be asked to restart your computer. Therefore please make sure to finish your work and to save all important data prior to AVG Remover launch

#6 MIDTEX22

MIDTEX22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Thank you for the reply, I greatly appreciate it.

I have finally been succesful in uninstalling avg after several hours of frustration & the help of you all on this site.

Thank you again, have a great day!! icon_thumb.gif   

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,558 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Thank you for letting us know you were successful by using information you found here.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#8 midou1994

midou1994

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Does AVG not Have any Removal Tools

Edited by midou1994, 22 February 2013 - 11:01 AM.

Midou

#9 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Issue has been resolved.Animal already provided link to their removal tool.

Try reinstalling it again then uninstall it. If that doesn't work go here and find the appropriate uninstall tool for your operating system.

#10 midou1994

midou1994

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sorry Missed that post

Midou

#11 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor