Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Illinois Senator proposes bill to create Internet Posting Removal Act

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

No, Really.. I'm serious when I titled it. Now that doesn't mean I'm not giggling as I type this.

Illinois State Senator Ira I. Silverstein has proposed Illinois Senate Bill 1614 which will create the Internet Posting Removal Act.

Which will mandate the following 'if' it becomes law. "Provides that a web site administrator shall, upon request, remove any posted comments posted by an anonymous poster unless the anonymous poster agrees to attach his or her name to the post and confirms that his or her IP address, legal name, and home address are accurate."

No mention is made about jurisdictional or enforcement applicability.

As I asked another senior staffer prior to posting this. "Aren't legislative aides supposed to keep their respective legislators from doing stupid stuff in public?"

The 'esteemed' Senator from the state of Illinois will now be Internet famous.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jeffce

jeffce

Bleepin' Super Saiyan

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

LOL!!  IL Senators do not having more pressing issues to attend to...like say....their economy?  I moved away from there many years ago.  :D

WFxJwA4.png

mvp_horizontal_fullcolor-(copy2).jpeg

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

It looks like someone needs a head check.

P. S. I apologize for not providing my full name and home address :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 jeffce

jeffce

Bleepin' Super Saiyan

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I apologize for not providing my full name and home address

Now you're on "the list"  :)

WFxJwA4.png

mvp_horizontal_fullcolor-(copy2).jpeg

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Which leads to another question...

According to his bio: http://www.ilga.gov/senate/Senator.asp?MemberID=1874

Years served: 1999 - Present

How the heck did he manage to stay there for 14 years?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 Kevin384

Kevin384

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

They walk among us!!!!!!icon_bananas.gif

#7 10 Beers

10 Beers

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

The  Kentucky senate is considering licensing hemp for a cash crop. It seems Illinois is growing something a lot better.

#8 mhoss49

mhoss49

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

I am embarrassed to admit I live in Illinois. This is a mild example of the utter stupidity that comes from Chicago via Springfield. Many citizens would love to see Chicago Cook county secede from the rest of Illinois and form their own pathetic state. I would start listing examples like this and the ridiculous taxes; but after thinking a while........Hell I would not know where to stop.

#9 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

This is the same state that gave us Rod Blagojevich... I don't know what else to say

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#10 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Many posts here that make fun of politics and politicians in Illinois.  And for good reasons.  My reps in Springfield do not have anything better to do.  The economy is great, pension reform isn't really needed, 3 downgrades to our credit rating in the last year is just a black spot and a petty concern.  Just ask our Speaker, who is more of a Boss than the old mayors of Chicago.  What he says goes, and no one else has the nerve to bring anything to him for consideration.  So they come up with these kinds of bills to make it look like they're busy.

Sorry, maybe I should request that this post be removed.  The Speakers reach may be longer than I know. :)

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

#11 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

And Pat Quinn is a scholar...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#12 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

There are idiots in every state who are somehow elected. Illinois is no exception.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#13 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Which leads to another question...

According to his bio: http://www.ilga.gov/senate/Senator.asp?MemberID=1874

Years served: 1999 - Present

How the heck did he manage to stay there for 14 years?

It is Illinois. :)

Vote early and vote Often.

The phrase, however, did not find widespread use until the early 1900s when it was used in relation to the activities of organized crime figures in Chicago.

Thankfully I'm from New Jersey, Oh wait, That is the state where People moving out outnumber the people moving in. whistling.gif

Cheers

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#14 Nunos

Nunos

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

I would like to nominate Lovie Smith for the 8th district senate seat.

#15 lolcats

lolcats

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

This is the same state that gave us Rod Blagojevich... I don't know what else to say

This is also the same state that gave us Obama....nothing else TO say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users