Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UNetbootin in Windows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 defurman

defurman

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

I am running Windows 7 and have been trying to use UNetbootin to put a Linux ISO on to a flash drive but for some reason i can't locate the downloaded ISO file?

I went along to unetbootin.sourceforge.net and downloaded unetbootin-windows-583. I then opened the program and clicked on "Run as administrator".

When the next window opened i clicked on Diskimage => ISO and browsed to find the ISO image. I also made sure that the other settings selected were: Type: USB Drive, Drive: E:\ . But for some reason i cannot find the downloaded iso file. When i do browse to the Downloads folder all i get is: no items match your seach?

Could someone tell me where i'm going wrong please

Edited by hamluis, 19 February 2013 - 10:26 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Applications - Ha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

make sure the file type for the search is selected as .iso or might can try all files extension. Are you able to find it yourself, ie "You can physically see it on the screen, just unetbootin doesn't want to find it?"

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

You should do a search for the correct name of the download. If you don't know the

name, attempt to download the file again and note the name of the file and the location

designated for the download to be stored. 

You can cancel the download once you have the correct name and location.

If for some reason you can't find the file, you can allow UNetbootin to download an .ISO 

for you.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users