Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus that hides folders and makes .exe cones - can't remove

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KJLue

KJLue

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hi,

Antiviruses tried: Symantec, Spyhunter 4, MBAM, Flash disinfector, usb disk security

Today I plugged in my usb into the work computer and it hid the folders and made .exe versions of them. I've experienced this before so I just used cmd, attrib -s -h /s /d *.* and then permanently deleted the .exe files.

I then scanned my computer with MBAM it caught nothing but removing and inserting the usb again produced the same results.

I then tried with Flash disinfector, USB disk security with same results.

googling brought me to a page which listed names of a virus for each antivirus program. I clicked download and it redirected me to install Spyhunter 4. I then used it to scan and again everything was perfectly clean. I have never head of spyhunter 4 so I hope its not a virus...

This is a work computer so I don't have too many rights. I KNOW the system is infected with this file changing thing but no AV seems to detect it. Any ideas?

I had already immunized the usb AND the computer with usb disk security so it wouldnt get an infection due to Autorun so I'm not sure how this happened.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users