Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a windows 7 issue?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Baggi

Baggi

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

I recently purchased a new computer. Compared to my old computer, which is about 7 years old (with some newer parts in it), my new computer is screaming fast.

However, I have one major issue. Sound and streaming to my second monitor (Which is an LCD Samsung Television).

The old computer streamed Hulu and other television websites just fine. This new one has all sorts of issues.

Is this something with Windows 7? I've tried a lot to fix it. Updated the firmware on my Samsung TV. Checked to make sure the HDMI cable is attached properly. Changed the resolution on the monitor.

Nothing seems to work. When I load windows 7, there is a little music that plays (I don't know what it's called) but it cuts in and out as it's playing, which tells me there is still an issue.

Thanks for any help here. Not sure I'm in the correct forum and I apology if I am not, but I'm thinking maybe this is a windows 7 issue?

Thanks again.

Baggi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Hi -

Can't Stream To Samsung TV

Try this page by Barb Bowman: MVP. She lists many fixes for this particular problem.

There may be one to suit your problem -

Thank You -

#3 Baggi

Baggi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

I think I may have used the wrong word with Streaming? The links she gives are to the Samsung DLNA enabled tv.

I read through those links and most of what they are talking about has little to do with my issues. One thing they said was to check the HDMI, which I don't really know how to do. As though maybe the "motherboard" in the TV where the HDMI is connected might be having an issue?

I can see and hear and watch television and movies through my TV via my computer, the TV is just acting as a second monitor. But every since I got this new computer, it's not as fluid. And the sound cuts out (Although it didn't at first, but after all the trouble shooting I have done, it's gotten worse, not better).

I'm just trying to use my TV as a display device, as it doesn't offer DLNA. I hope this makes sense. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on these things.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Sorry -

I just took > Sound and streaming to my second monitor (Which is an LCD Samsung Television) < as the issue.

The topic I linked was a couple of years old, but I thought it was related whistling.gif

I would try and contact a retailer to see if they know of any specific problems with the TV, or keep GOOGLING for your model TV.

There should not be a problem, as I have seen it done, but I do not know about the models etc.

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users