Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

issues with Asus Eee 1005hagn270 and start up

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tremmor

tremmor

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Start the netbook with screen tilted all the way back. See options to boot to bios etc. Goes to the login screen

and sign into my profile and then screen turns black. Tilt the screen about 90 inward and can see windows fine.

Tilt it back then black. Any ideas?

thanks

tremmor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hi tremmor,

Have you tried disabling the sleep mode function first on power options? The black screening might be related to the closing lid and goes to sleep function of the laptop. Do you see a led light orange/white blinking when this happens?

Tekken

#3 tremmor

tremmor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

thanks for the reply. No that was not it. If i push back now its black. Pull forward then i can see the screen.

I really hate taking these laptops apart. Ya have to be a genious to get all the screws back in the right place.

My adventure. thanks

all these screws are a different size and have to be placed exactly.

not looking forward to it.

Edited by tremmor, 19 February 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#4 tremmor

tremmor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I had a error in my comment. When i boot the screen was always all the way back.

Black screen when time to log in. pull it forward then can log in. and windows works fine.

Still same though if i push it back. thanks for any help in this area.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Do you mean that the screen can be tilted all the way back, 180 degrees flat? I have not done that actually but, usually a laptop cannot be pulled open all the way back as the 2 hinges like holder for the screen acts just like a stopper to avoid this unusual angle or position.

Tekken

#6 tremmor

tremmor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

It stops after pushing back just past the vertical position. Maybe a 1/2 or 1" further. thats the stop for this.

To hard to see when straight up and down. If and when i find a fix i will post it here. Sounds like your

curious also. Seen some options at youtube. (right or wrong). Still gets back to taking apart.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Yup, might just be the ribbon cable needs replacement.

Tekken

#8 tremmor

tremmor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Ok. That makes sense. I have some volunteer work the next couple days.

Its Habitat for hamanity. they keep me busy. But enjoy it building houses.

#9 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Just a quick tip on screw organization. Use an ice cube tray and make table in Ms word (or draw one) to match the tray ( 2x7 is standard) when removing screws i keep them sorted in order of removal and component. General order for full dissasembly: battery, all covers from back panel, hdd, wifi, and ram, remove every screw from the back side of the laptop moving to a new tray if the screw size changes cd rom bay edges, battery compartment screws are sometimes shorter because they attach trim bezels and switch panels. Now open the laptop all the way, depending on the model you will start at the switch cover (all hp dv series a few others) then the keyboard. If there is no switch panel there may be a keyboard bezel (most dell studio series) then the keyboard. Newer toshiba, and compaq cq series the keyboard comes out first on the top side. I even ran into a laptop yesterday that the top side held the system board and the entire back came off with 12 screws. Next remove The top cover (palm rest), lcd screen, system board, and heat sink assembly. Now order parts wait for a week to get them and be VERY hapy you were organized when you have to put it back together.HP And dell provide full service manuals for all their laptops on their support sites support.dell.com, support.hp.com ( some really old compaqs are not on hp's site). Toshiba laptops you can usually find a "ehow" article. I started listing screws by name and drawing a circle around them on a sheet of paper, now i have individual storage boxes (Walmart hobby section there 4 bucks) numbered with a screw list sheet for every one. My first laptop took me an entire day to get apart, now i can "field strip" in about 10-15 min 45 if its a new design or model i have never seen.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 22 February 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#10 tremmor

tremmor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Nice thought. thanks. Ok. I fixed it. The work today was cancelled because of conditions. I found a place called inside my laptop that gives very basic instructions. www.insidemylaptop.com/take-apart-asus-eee-pc-1201n-netbook/

What i did was turn upside down. took the screws out and layed the screws next to the holes and took a picture with cell phone for my reference. I unplugged the memory and plugged back in and the same with the ribbon cable. just kind of reseating everything again. Tried it and worked. Beats me what it was exactly. But thanks for the support. Much appreciated.The reference was not my exact laptop but did give an overview.

.One other note worth mentioning. I fould short movies at youtube for taking apart and repairing laptops.

Edited by tremmor, 22 February 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#11 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Nice thought on Taking pictures with your phone. I do the same thing for the Wifi and other cable routing inside.

Edit: Personally I have seen the Youtube Posts, I try to find a Manual or Document and use FB as an added or last resouce. Generally becuase I am too impatient to watch the video to glean the exact information I need.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 22 February 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users