Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

forgot windows 7 administrator password

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 freshly

freshly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

i have three users on my start up page 2 administrators and 1 standard user. For the 2 administrators users i have forgotten the passwords. For the standard user i still have access to and can logon to the HDD but can not access any program files or even do any windows up dates due to USER ACCOUNT CONTROL i've been trying to access threw COMMAND PROMPTS but im not too familiar with the prompts terminologicy. and have gotten very frustrated with the CMD PROMPTS i know that if i can access threw the CMD i can remove the password for one or both of the administrator accounts an reset them threw the user accounts in the control panel i just cant seem to get past the UAC asking for my administrator password (WHICH I HAVE FORGOTTEN) nor can i seem to master the CMD PROMPTS either. also i no longer have the windows 7 disc which i used to install windows on the HDD.  ANY & ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED & ACCEPTED THANX.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Mod Edit: Removed link as it violates forum policy. ~bloopie

Does the UAC prompt you when you go to cmd in the accessories folder and right click and run as admin?

If not then try doing that and type " net user Administrator * <-- that is the star or the 8 key". From there you can reset the admin password providing UAC doesn't prompt you type the pass before you can run it.

Also you can type cmd into the search box, and then when it pops up right click and run as admin.

The only other alternative to this is to use a third party software to reset the password. From what your telling us, this can only be accomplished if you have another pc you can use to download the software.

Edited by bloopie, 12 April 2013 - 12:15 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 freshly

freshly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

yes UAC does prompt an ive got security's set so high that  cannot even open a download. so UAC does prompt me for password oalmost positive  have to get in to admin cmd prompt or superuser in cmd prompts i willtry ur suggestion tho im open to anything at this point  

#4 bobjohnson3

bobjohnson3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hey there,

I hope my Squidoo lens might be able to help you out on resetting your Windows 7 administrator password.

http://www.squidoo.com/forgot-windows-7-password-how-do-i-reset-it

#5 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yes, he can use 3rd party software only if he has a second computer that he can use. He can't download anything on his main computer because the UAC prompts him for the admin password. I'm still waiting to see if the video I posted for him actually worked or not.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#6 freshly

freshly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

chrisd87 i was not able to get into it with the video link you sent but i was able to get into the CMD prompts again with no luck so im basically at square one again thanx for the effort an if you have any other ideas plz let me know.

#7 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

You state you have 2 admin accounts on the computer. Ask the other person with the other  admin account for help.

My understanding is we do not help people crack password protected anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users