Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 KB2667402 won't install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sorabji

sorabji

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Hello,

This Windows update won't install on my machine.  I have tried disabling all virus and spyware programs and it still fails.

Should I uninstall them and try to install this update?

I have read a lot about other having this problem on other forums, but not here.

Thanks for any help.

- orabji

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 niemiro

niemiro

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

Hello orabji :)

Export CBS folder

1. Click the Start button StartButton_16x16.gif then click Computer.
  2. Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
  3. Find and double click on the Logs folder.
  4. Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
  5. Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
  6. Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
  7. A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created. Please upload it here. If it is too big, you should use a third party file sharing website, such as Skydrive, but any other will do just fine, and provide a link here. Please remember to set the file to be publicly accessible.

Thank you!

Richard

One of the very few people in the world who is truly enthused about Windows Update and how it works...

Yes, I'm a bit weird :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users