Okay, so recently I ordered the ASUS P8Z68-V LX Motherboard and installed it into my case. Everything fits, everything's fine. I have gone through the manual and everything is plugged in properly, no problems there. However, when I turn the PC on, the system fan spins, the PSU fan spins, and my GPU fan spins. The processor fan twitches a tiny bit and the DRAM LED MEM OK thing is flashing red. It flashes a couple times, then the system automatically reboots itself and does it again.
If I take the installed RAM out, all of the fans spin properly and the system boots up, however there is no display on the monitor because there is no RAM.
I have looked this up, checked many different sites and tried many different solutions. I will go through the things that I have already tried :
- Plugging in a RAM stick from my working PC
- Doing that jumper thing (clear RTC RAM CLRTC) or whatever
- I have tried removing the battery for minutes at a time and trying again
- I have tried unplugging the computer, removing the battery, and doing the jumper thing and leaving it that way for 10 minutes
- I have tried letting the computer run, because the manual says something about trying different failsafes. I have let it run for a good 10 minutes until I realized nothing was changing.
I can't figure out the problem. I will list what I have in the PC :
Intel Core i7 3770 (3rd Gen) 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I73770) Processor
The HDD i'm using is from my other PC because I haven't ordered a new one yet. I don't think that it matters but if it does..
I took the HDD from this piece of crap. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=83-108-659&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29#scrollFullInfo
Help would be GREATLY appreciated because i've already put at least $600 into this thing and it's not even working.