Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS P8Z68-V LX DRAM LED Flashing Red

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheOnlyVv

TheOnlyVv

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Okay, so recently I ordered the ASUS P8Z68-V LX Motherboard and installed it into my case. Everything fits, everything's fine. I have gone through the manual and everything is plugged in properly, no problems there. However, when I turn the PC on, the system fan spins, the PSU fan spins, and my GPU fan spins. The processor fan twitches a tiny bit and the DRAM LED MEM OK thing is flashing red. It flashes a couple times, then the system automatically reboots itself and does it again.

If I take the installed RAM out, all of the fans spin properly and the system boots up, however there is no display on the monitor because there is no RAM. 

I have looked this up, checked many different sites and tried many different solutions. I will go through the things that I have already tried :

• Plugging in a RAM stick from my working PC
  • Doing that jumper thing (clear RTC RAM CLRTC) or whatever
  • I have tried removing the battery for minutes at a time and trying again
  • I have tried unplugging the computer, removing the battery, and doing the jumper thing and leaving it that way for 10 minutes
  • I have tried letting the computer run, because the manual says something about trying different failsafes. I have let it run for a good 10 minutes until I realized nothing was changing.

I can't figure out the problem. I will list what I have in the PC :

Intel Core i7 3770 (3rd Gen) 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I73770) Processor

1 x CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B

Using THIS case : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290849270924&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:3160#ht_2772wt_1139

The HDD i'm using is from my other PC because I haven't ordered a new one yet. I don't think that it matters but if it does..

I took the HDD from this piece of crap. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=83-108-659&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29#scrollFullInfo

Help would be GREATLY appreciated because i've already put at least $600 into this thing and it's not even working.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spiraling

spiraling

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

Reseat the processor/heatsink if you can as well as any moving parts such as RAM, GPU. Check again that the case controls are connected properly to the mobo. Check that the PSU is properly snapped into place. Also if you have available - try another PSU to see if it will boot and stay on.  

#3 TheOnlyVv

TheOnlyVv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Reseat the processor/heatsink if you can as well as any moving parts such as RAM, GPU. Check again that the case controls are connected properly to the mobo. Check that the PSU is properly snapped into place. Also if you have available - try another PSU to see if it will boot and stay on.  

I have tried all of that except using a different PSU, unfortunately I don't have another one except the 250W in my other PC and there is no way that one will work.

#4 TheOnlyVv

TheOnlyVv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Anybody?

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Have you tried checking the motherboard screw/standoff by loosening them a bit?

Tekken

#6 TheOnlyVv

TheOnlyVv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Have you tried checking the motherboard screw/standoff by loosening them a bit?

I'm just more concerned that the problem isn't with stuff like that, cuz like I said if there's no RAM in the slots everything works fine. The fans spin non-stop and it doesn't reboot, the DRAM LED just stays on and nothing happens cuz there's no RAM in it.

It's when there's a RAM stick in the slots that the DRAM LED starts flashing and the computer consistently reboots. I was talking to a friend and he was thinking that maybe it's because the BIOS isn't supporting my processor? But IDK why that would be the problem if it's the RAM that's acting up...

As for loosening the screws, I have tried loosening them and tightening them, still didn't work :/

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Grounded most likely, see here

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users