Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system battery voltage is low message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BCmj5876

BCmj5876

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

this message has started showing up, and subsequently, various websites just freeze and I have to X out of the page

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

This message is usually due to a low CMOS battery in the Desktop computer. If it is a desktop it is usually a CR2032.

Laptops use all different batteries so there you need to research what battery.

I also would not expect it to make a website freeze as all it does is keep the date and time running and keep settings in the BIOS.

Cheers

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 17 February 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 tremmor

tremmor

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

check your date and time. Usally a good indication of bad battery.if its off.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hi -

I do agree with Roger above, but if this is a Dell, the problem has been reported several times, see below >

Many people have been reporting this recently on new machines.  Normally the small battery on the motherboard does not run low for several years, but because there are so many reports of this problem on new systems, it sounds like mayber Dell got a batch of bad batterys.

If this is not a Dell, please post your computer Make and Model.

Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users