Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7- various popup errors (something.exe- Bad Image)...Common Controls?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 HPLovethrash

HPLovethrash

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hi there- so for a week or two, my laptop has been giving me these popup errors when I try to open certain programs and/or when first booting up.  There's something about .Net-Broadcast.Window in a lot of the start up ones.  Down below this line is the one I'm currently looking at: (jucheck.exe- Bad Image): 

c:\windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls+6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7600.16661_none_ebfb56996c72aefc\comctl32.dll

...that line seems to be common to most of these errors, but I don't know anything about the implications of such a message.  I can click 'OK' a bunch of times and it goes away.  But, certain programs will open and certain ones don't. 

This started a week or two ago, not sure how exactly.  I feel like I got an error message about a corrupted iPod, but I reinstalled iTunes without incident.  But since then I've been getting these errors frequently.  I tried doing some SFC scan thing with a command prompt, but didn't understand how to replace corrupted files that the system couldn't fix itself. 

Toshiba Satellite A505

Intel Core i3 CPU M 330@2.13GHz

4GB RAM

Windows 7 64 bit

300GB HD (I think)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,682 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

There is a good chance your computer is infected.

Start new topic in "Am I Infected?" forum.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 HPLovethrash

HPLovethrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Ok thanks, I'll do that...

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,682 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,850 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Topic reposted as requested here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485734/windows-7-various-popup-errors-somethingexe-bad-imagecommon-controls/

To avoid confusion for everyone ,I am closing this topic. Please continue in the new topic.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users