Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hairline fracture in laptop screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 guit30

guit30

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

How much does this generally cost to be fixed, I watched videos on how to do this,but don' t think,it is something I would venture,

Edited by hamluis, 25 February 2013 - 05:35 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Give the manufacturer and model name/ number of the laptop.

Generally, the cost would be part(s) plus whatever the repairman charges per hour.

I would think most would charge a one hour minimum.

There are several computer repair pros that read these forums daily. Give the info

and one will be able to give you a more precise answer.

EDIT:  If you decide to use a repair service, for peace of mind, remove HDD before

leaving at shop.

Edited by buddy215, 17 February 2013 - 10:41 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

This is one situation where the newer your laptop, the easier it is to replace the screen.  Old laptops with fluorescent lighting can be a real pain to replace the screen.  New laptop screens, with built in LED lighting, generally take about 20 minutes to perform a screen replacement. As long as you're careful, and don't get too rough removing the bezel, or the screen connector/ribbon, it is a straightforward job.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 guit30

guit30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for your info, In videos I have watched, it seems to be an easy job, I just do not think I would want mess with it, I am on disability and have trouble doing fine motor tasks, The Laptop is a 2011 Samsung NP300E5A-A05US. it is a 15.6 screen.

Thanks

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=samsung+np300e5a+screen

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Samsung-NP-SF510-NP-300E5A-NP-300V5A/dp/B009AXZMEW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361141862&sr=8-1&keywords=NP300E5A+REPLACEMENT+screen

Here are a couple of links.  It seems to be some sort of fancy thin screen so it looks like a 50% premium/markup over regular LED screen of that size.

15.6" WXGA

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 guit30

guit30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Thanks,

They also say that it is slimmer than your average screen, probably why it cracked, it just bumped a desk.

Thanks

Jim

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users