Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skorbee

skorbee

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

HELP!!!! I can't keep the PC turned on for more than 2 minutes at a time!!! I'm so very, very glad this older PC wasn't thrown away yet.

Things were fine on the new PC up until around 2 hours ago (midnight my time). Late in the day yesterday, the PC told me it had to be updated with some stuff. I thought it was odd that it had to close everything I had open. IIRC, it also restarted, but I might be wrong.

Then things were fine until midnight. Now I've got turned off & restarted about 12 times. NO FUN!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skorbee

skorbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Guys,

I *may* have found the answer here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_update/systemserviceexception-in-windows-8/85463484-5109-41d6-9930-98b72310a04e?page=6&msgId=3077835d-158b-431d-b6ae-d90e9627f84b&tm=1361120210912

It's on page 4.

However, I'm not finding on the PC where it has an option to cease automatic Windows updates.

And in terms of deleting all previous updates, I've come close. LoL, whenever I get that far, the thing turns off and restarts again. I'll keep you posted....

#3 skorbee

skorbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Ghost here is what worked for me.

Go either through safe mode or regularly. If you load windows the
regular way don't through at it to many tasks at once. From my
experience this is a cause for getting blue screens more frequently.

1) Turn off automatic windows updates. Through the control panel you can search for windows updates.

2) Then find the menu in the control panel that has all the installed updates on your pc. Remove them all!

3) Restart and you're done.

4) Then wait for an update that fixes the problem

Hey,

When this guy says "remove them all", was he also referring to the updates prior to purchase? We've had this since late January. There are 59 updates, but 5 are from October. I just don't want to accidentally remove all of windows from my PC ....although I am tempted sometimes! devil.gif

Thanks!

#4 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hi

If that is indeed the fix to the problem then I would imagine that removing the updates it did right before the error occurred would be enough.

A quick way to get to that list is...

Start the computer

Login

In the Metro screen start typing

update

Click SETTINGS beneath the search box

Click VIEW INSTALLED UPDATES

That should get you there quickly.

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users