Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death (7 YEARS OLD COMPUTER, COMPAQ)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Erchino

Erchino

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hello,

One of my family's computer, a 7 year old COMPAQ computer with 1GB of RAM, 200GB hard drive space, a 3500+ AMD Athlon, and an Integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 graphics has recently started to get the blue screen of death. Yes I know, why not get a new computer? Because my dad wants to keep this computer going for as long as possible to not spend money for a new computer. So, my question is, how can I fix this blue screen of death? Help much appreciated, thanks!

Attached is what I got from a program called Blue Screen View.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Upload your minidump files as well please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/How-to-compress-and-upload-Minidump-files/td-p/253475

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users