Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Virus

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 scott097

scott097

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:00 PM

i think i have a trojan virus or virus of some sort on my computer, that my antivirus and other software cant pick up, i cant seem to play bf2 and i am lagging on most games due to it do u think u could give me sum idea of how i could remove this virus, because i am not allowed to get my computer formatted and also my dad reckons going buying sum antivirus cd from the shop will help this but i dont think it will so could u plz help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:55 AM

Have you run your resident anti-virus in Safe Mode, and has it found anything?
What precisely happens when you "can't seem to play BF2." A better description of what happens and when it happens would be very helpful, since there could be many causes.
When was the last time you ran checkdisk and defragged?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 scott097

scott097
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:13 AM

well when i play bf2 my ping always seems to go way above 400 and i get kicked from the servers because of it. this happens all the time and i dont think its anything to do with my internet provider because i have rang them up many of times and complained but they said it should be fine

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:30 AM

You did not answer jgweed's question about running your anti-virus in safe mode and whether it found anything.

If you have not performed a scan in safe mode then do so. If you have no success after that then do the following:

Download and scan with Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5
Ewido Install and Scan Instructions

Download and scan with Ad-Aware SE Personal and install it. If you already have Ad-Aware SE, please setup & configure as shown here.

Download and scan with Spybot S&D 1.4.
Setup & Configure as shown here.
[DO NOT choose the option to install TeaTimer]
Note: If you encounter any error messages while downloading the updates, manually download them from here.

Perform these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component]

Trend Micro Housecall Scan
Panda ActiveScan
ActiveScan Panda does not remove adware/spyware but will autoclean for viruses & worms.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 scott097

scott097
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:43 AM

could i just ask how do i enter safe mode i aint that good with computers lol

#6 scott097

scott097
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:48 AM

today i just all the scans on safe mode and found nothing but im doin a scan on normal mode with the ad aware se but the objects i have found arent that critical i have also done a scanwith the ewido program and found 9 objects if it doesnt sort my lag out on my games do u think u have any idead wat i could do next

#7 scott097

scott097
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:17 PM

i have did all the scans in safe mode and normal mode and still i am lagging and i dont have a clue wat to do now do u still think i should try buying an antivirus disk or is it just the same as downloadin a anti virus off the internet and do u think it should be a gud idea to get my comp formatted

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,745 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:41 PM

You can purchase an anti-virus product from the store that includes a disk or you can download a free one from the Internet.

Free Antivirus programs:
AVG - How to Install, Configure, and Use AVG
Avast - How to Install, Configure, and Use Avast Antivirus
AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic

To prevent spyware, homepage hijacking and increase your browser security use these free programs:
SpywareGuard
SpywareBlaster
IE-SPYAD

I also recommend that you sse a Firewall to protect yourself. A hardware firewall can provide a strong degree of protection from most forms of attacks coming from the outside. A software firewall generally offers the best measure of protection against Trojans and worms but they are harder to configure and must share resources with other running processes which can decrease system performance. These too can be found for free.
Directory Of Firewalls
Home PC Firewall Guide
Understanding and Using Firewalls

As for the slowness of your computer, before you do something drastic, try some of jgweed's suggestions listed here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44694/slow-computer/

#9 scott097

scott097
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

well i use all of these spyware and anti virus and i have did wat u recommended me on the bottom of the last thread and still my computer is runnin slow but how will i get rid of this virus do u think formattin the computer will get rid of it

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,745 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:34 AM

Before you do something drastic like that lets have a closer look at whats in your system. I suggest you read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log.

When you have done that, post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, not here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have not been replied as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users