Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pdf saved as Word 2010 doc does not print to correct tray

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 1063

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

I arrived on site to a client who was trying to print a letter-sized word document 2010 to their network Xerox printer.

When the client hit print, the job failed saying tray 1 was empty and tray 4 was empty.  Tray 1 is 11x7 and tray 4 is never in use. The printer's settings are to use tray 2,3,1,4. I checked to make sure trays 2 and 3 had paper and they did.

I checked the printer properties>ports and the ip address was Xs. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. I also rebooted it too since the client had a power surge earlier that week and a separate printer of the client had been failing until it was rebooted.

When I tried to print the document again, it failed again trying to send it to the wrong trays.

I checked to see what trays were selected in the document and it was set to auto.

I set them to tray 2 (the primary) and it still failed for same reasons.

I tried a random word document on the client's desktop and it printed properly from tray 2.

I tried printing the word doc to another network printer and it failed that job too stating wrong trays for that printer.

This is when the client told me that this word 2010 doc had originally been a pdf. He had needed to edit a pdf so he opened it in word, made his edits and this is the word doc he wanted to print.

I saved the word doc back to being a pdf and it printed correctly from tray 2!

Luckily, the client was fine with it returning to a pdf and as long as it printed it was fine.

Anyone run into this?  I just want to be prepared if this situation repeats itself.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users