Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

all my documents ,photo &music are gone

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 goldenmia1

goldenmia1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

all my documents ,photo &music are gone

Edited by bloopie, 16 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved from Windows 7 to a more appropriate forum. ~bloopie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

We are going to need more information than the fact that you can't find these applications.

What is the make and model of this computer.

What do you see if you look in Libraries?  There is a icon in the taskbar which looks like files, you can access the libraries by clicking on it.

Have you looked in the Windows Explorer to see if the missing items are found there?  You can access this by right clicking on the Start orb and clicking on Open Windows Explorer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 goldenmia1

goldenmia1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

toshiba laptop model # pslb8u-079025

had  viruses that spybot found on wednesday after i did a registry clean from ccleaner

just used reneeundeleter and it said 217231 files were deleted.....retreived a couple photos but can not open documents it found....says it is corrupted

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

I realize that ccleaner has some useful applications, but there is danger in using their registry cleaner if you don't know how to use it properly.  This website dose not endorse the use of registry cleaners, we've seen too many bad results from the imporper use of these tools.

Because of the type of problem you are experiencing and the viruses you have found I'm going to suggest that this topic be moved to the Am I Infected, And What Do I Do? forum. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 goldenmia1

goldenmia1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

ok thank you very much for your help

#6 rockit4ever

rockit4ever

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

i suggest u download malwarewarebytes and hitman pro. Do a full system scan of your drives and one of these should solve your issue. It sounds to me like your computer was hacked just like mine was recently with the infamous RCMP trojan virus which took over my computer and I could not do anything with it. You would have to get into safe mode with networking before you download malwarebytes and hitman pro. I am almost 99% sure this this would help you .

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

ok thank you very much for your help

You're quite welcome.  Now, please be patient and one of our MRT members will assist you in getting your computer clean.

Rockit4ever

i suggest u download malwarewarebytes and hitman pro. Do a full system scan of your drives and one of these should solve your issue.

The following is an excerpt from the Am I Infected? What do I do? How do I get help?  Who is helping me? which is a sub-forum of the Am I Infected?  What do I do? forum, it can be found by using the link below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182397/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do-how-do-i-get-help-who-is-helping-me/

Advice or instructions in this area should be limited to non-invasive scanners or tools that create a report that can be reviewed by a trained helper.

If you request a scan be run you should also request that the results be posted in the topic.  In the case of programs like Malwarebytes you should also suggest that the definitions be updated before running a scan.

Hope this is helpful.thumbup2.gif

Edited by dc3, 17 February 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I will add to what dc3 stated:

It is not advisable to run tools/scanners posted by someone who makes a "me to, here is what I did that worked" post.

YOU may not have the same exact problem and even if you did there may be other circumstances which require different methods to remove malware If malware is present. In your case it could be a possibility and removal depends on WHICH infection is present.

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I just noticed that you have another topic posted here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485639/virus-removal/.

It appears that this topic and the other one are about the same laptop. All discussion of your issue should be kept in one place, which will be your other topic.

This one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users