Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Boot Up Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnjl

johnjl

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Contacted Virgin Media yesterday regarding slow broadband.Their operator instructed me to connect the laptop to my router/hub via an ethernet cable.He then asked me to run a task enabling him to check out the broadband problem.Since doing this the laptop will not boot up in normal mode.Dispalys acer page then microsoft timer bar then loops back to acer page and so on.Virgin have washed their hands of the problem.I can boot up in safe mode and have tried last known configuration but still the same.Any help greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

If the boot problem started after Virgin stepped in...Virgin cannot wash their hands of the problem.  That needs to be made clear to appropriate Virgin personnel, IMO, since it seems that something an authorized agent of Virgin did...which results in the failure to boot.

Louis

#3 johnjl

johnjl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

They have said £60 to look at problem as I do not original operating system disks.Laptop came pre installed

Edited by johnjl, 16 February 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Try a system restore, use a restore point prior to this problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users