Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS Failed to boot hard drive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Erik The Red

Erik The Red

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Sorry wasn't sure where to post this but it is extremely urgent!

Hey there great men and women of the bleeping computer forums! Today my computer was running perfectly fine every ran smoothly and all. I was playing Borderlands 2 and the game started to lag a little bit, and I thought we'll that's normal so I just kept playing about a minute later the game froze all together the music was still playing but I couldn't do anything with the screen. I tried alt tabbing nothing ctrl alt del still nothing tried ctrl shift esc nothing and alt f4 finally and nothing happened ( please note that I waited about a minute in between each command use ) so I just left it to sit there for a little an finally the game screen closed, now what I saw on the desktop was crazy, I have a dual monitor system and half of the right screen was pushed into the left screen and what was left of the right screen was all black and then parts of the the left screen were black but some icons were still showing and I could still move the mouse so I tried to scroll over the icons but not box came up around them and then I trie clicking and nothing happened so I ended up leaving it for ten minutes. After wait the ten minutes I used the reboot button on the top of my computer and it rebooted normally to begin with and BIOS started up as per usual telling me that a the drivers were loading. When suddenly my main hard drive said it couldn't boot and I think it's was my two smaller ghost drives that were connect to my main one would boot either so then the black screen came up saying to remove a media and disks an press any key to reboot so I took both CDs out of my cd drives and unplugged a my USB sticks and all and pressed any key to retry reboot as it asked me to but all it did was slowly put some dots on the screen and then said exactly the same thing. So I rebooted it completely and the same thing happened so I just turned it off at the power point and now I am marking this post from my iPod. Please help me because I do work / school etc of my computer. Thanks in advance!

Regards, Erik.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hello,

Could you give me a bit more general information: what version of Windows are you using and do you have an installation CD/DVD for it?

It sounds like this is hardware failure though, not malware.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Erik The Red

Erik The Red
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hey there! My apologies I forgot to reply to this to say that I had fixed it. I am running widows 7 and yes I have a Windows 7 install disk. If you would like I can post logs if it helps you guys hell other people? By the way I fixed t because It randomly switched drives that it was trying to run off. So I just went into BIOS settings and changed it over to my main hard drive, it is still saying there is an error occurring on one of my smaller 1T hard drives but I don't really use that for anything. Also BIOS is just saying that my main hard drive is Degraded? Not sure what that means. Anyway thanks again for the help!

Regards, Erik.

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users