Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

freezing on Apple logo help !

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hello,

yesterday while my sister was watching a movie online my Macbook pro Stopped and when I tried to reset it , it will always give me Apple logo like in the picture

and I don't have the experince to fix Mac so please help.

sorry for spelling errors

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/img0423yd.jpg/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

What do you mean by "reset", did you mean restart?

Try booting up in Safe Mode.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

#3 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

this is another problem I can't get into safe mode !

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Sometimes it takes a while to boot into Safe Mode, be patient.

Do you have the original install discs? Boot up from it to run Disk Utility Repair Disk option. Start from the Recovery System or Internet Recovery (OS X Lion or Mountain Lion).

If not then you can try booting into the Single User Mode to run fsck.

#5 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Sometimes it takes a while to boot into Safe Mode, be patient.

Do you have the original install discs? Boot up from it to run Disk Utility Repair Disk option. Start from the Recovery System or Internet Recovery (OS X Lion or Mountain Lion).

If not then you can try booting into the Single User Mode to run fsck.

Unfortunatly I don't have the disc and I would be happy if you can tell me how can I know which is the best OS for my devise and how can I get a CD

the second thing , I tried the "s" key for single-user mode.  (Command-S) and doesn't work it loads and stop

and the "v" key for verbose mode.  (Command-V) and same thing

any help

#6 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Which MBP do you have? Did you just press the "S" or "V" keys on restart or did you press both the "Command" + "S or V" keys together? Macs that came with OSX 10.6.x or earlier versions came with Install DVDs, OSX 10.7.x and 10.8.x didn't. You can ask Apple for a set of discs for a fee or download 10.7 or 10.8 and create a bootable DVD where you can use the installer's special recovery and restore features.

If you have another Mac handy you could also boot your Mac into Target Disk Mode and run the other Mac's Disk Utility Repair Disk feature.

#7 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Which MBP do you have? Did you just press the "S" or "V" keys on restart or did you press both the "Command" + "S or V" keys together? Macs that came with OSX 10.6.x or earlier versions came with Install DVDs, OSX 10.7.x and 10.8.x didn't. You can ask Apple for a set of discs for a fee or download 10.7 or 10.8 and create a bootable DVD where you can use the installer's special recovery and restore features.

If you have another Mac handy you could also boot your Mac into Target Disk Mode and run the other Mac's Disk Utility Repair Disk feature.

MBP A1150, No , I did it separately one at each time + cmd, How can I determine which Version of maca should I get, I don't have other than this.

#8 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

I can't do the Target disk mode !

#9 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

MBP A1150, No , I did it separately one at each time + cmd, How can I determine which Version of maca should I get, I don't have other than this.

Apple still sells OSX 10.6 online for $19.99, the latest OSX your Mac can run. 10.4 Tiger was the OS that your Mac originally came with.

Pressing the command + s or v keys at the same time before the startup sound is how it's done.

I can't do the Target disk mode !

Because you don't have access to another Mac or your Macs HDD didn't show up on the other Macs Desktop?

If you can afford it, I would suggest you get Diskwarrior.

Edited by Buddyme2, 18 February 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#10 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Did you by any chance set up an open firmware password for your Mac? It prevents one from booting into Safe Mode, Single User Mode etc.

Mac Open Firmware Password Removal

Resetting the PRAM might help. 

Try reseating the RAM too if it's still the 1GB installed.

#11 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

when I press these keys I got black screen with white writing and the it stop and freeze

so could I download Mac.10.4 Tiger and burn it on dvd or lash drive as bootable !

#12 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Did you by any chance set up an open firmware password for your Mac? It prevents one from booting into Safe Mode, Single User Mode etc.

Mac Open Firmware Password Removal

Resetting the PRAM might help. 

Try reseating the RAM too if it's still the 1GB installed.

I have reset the PRAM  several time and same thing !

#13 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

when I press these keys I got black screen with white writing and the it stop and freeze

so could I download Mac.10.4 Tiger and burn it on dvd or lash drive as bootable !

Unfortunately no. You could try asking Apple to send you install discs for your model Mac or buy a retail version of OSX 10.4.x. Retail discs are black with silver Xs while the Mac specific discs are grey. 

#14 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

thank you buddy for help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users