Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

**BLUE screen of death & internet dropping on my new computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 azyardies

azyardies

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hi, I got a new laptop, windows 8, for Christmas (so less than 2 mos ago).

I have had 2 issues that are really annoying me...

(1) I have had  blue screen problems; just today I have had 3.

And have had them daily for the past  several days or so.

I am doing normal computer things and all of a sudden, the BSofD happens.

I can locate the event logs section but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what program is causing

this conflict (I assume it is a software, program issue, but I dont know since I dont understand these logs).

Can I upload them for review, and if so where?

(2) The computer keeps dropping the wireless internet connection (cable). Happens at least 2-3 times a day.

Usually restarting the computer fixes this issue,...Until it happens again later on in the day.

I suspect, again, that it has to do with my computers programs/software in it.

I really believe that it is not the ISP, the router or cable modem, etc. because I check my wireless connection

on my phone or another wireless pc when this happens, and they still show my wireless connection active.

SHould I post this internet problem in another topic area?

I thank you all in advance....smile.png

Toshiba satellite.

NOTE:  For 11 years, I only had XP pc's....until I got this new pc (W8)- So I am getting acquainted with this new OS

so please advise keeping in mind that I am still learning this OS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kazz

Kazz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

The event viewer should be able to tell you what the offending driver is.  Best guess would be it's the video driver, but there's no way of telling from the information given.

The internet drop may be due to window's turning off the wireless card, especially if the computer is on battery power.  Start  the device manager, find the wireless card, and right-click on it and go to a tab that may say something like  "power config".  Uncheck the box that lets windows turn off the device, and see if it stops the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users