Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD and I cant access Safe mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kris55

Kris55

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

I thought that this could have been a virus but I already posted in those forums and they directed me here. Here is the old post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481988/bsod-and-i-cant-access-safe-mode/

I'm just copying and pasting some of what was said in the last forum.

The first time this happened I thought it was a one time thing but then it happened a week later and it restarted twice in the same day. I had scanned the computer and didn't find any viruses. I went into safe mode to test it and see if it would happen again. It didn't so I did a system restore instead of scanning for viruses in safe mode(how smart of me...ahem). 

The error code it would get is 

Stop:0x0000008E(0xC000005,0xBf956A02,0xB4E40c00,0x00000000)
win32k.sys-Adress Bf956A02 base at BF800000, datestamp 50a1a161

this happens at random times. When I had used Adwcleaner I thought that part of the problem was gone but I started having it happen again after three weeks.

In safe mode it always freezes at mlti(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys 

Lately the desktop been making this high pitched noise that lasts for a few minutes at random times.

I have already used these programs.

TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool

Adwcleaner

Faberservice Scanner

Mini Toolbox

Eset Online Scanner

Blue Screenview

Windows Error Checking utlitiy

Safe Boot Key Repair

System

Mirosoft windows XP Professional Ver. 2002

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40Hz 2.39 GHz,

2.00 GB of Ram

Brand OTC? It's a very old computer

I hope I explained everything correctly. If you need me to go into more detail just let me know. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

Usual causes: 
Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint in
startup without having a debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility,
Faulty system service, 3rd party remote control, Memory