Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sluggish/freezing computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yepytzme

Yepytzme

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hello, (anyone??).  The reason I say that is I posted a question here over a month ago and did not receive a single response.  Is anyone out there?  You were really helpful  before, did I say something wrong then?

My problem is this computer is getting very sluggish.  When I click on a site, sometimes nothing happens, I click on it again, still nothing, then on the third attempt it does finally respond.  The little loading thingie starts going around and around, sometimes it's almost spontaneous but other times it takes upwards of 2 to 3 minutes to open the site.  Also, not always but usually, the little round loading thingie will freeze half way through and stop there, this also happens when I am actually on a site and click on something within that site but nothing happens, after several attempts it does respond, then the whole system will freeze.  I can't do anything at that point, I can't go on to other sites, other desktop programs, delete or anything, I then have to click the Ctrl/Alt/Delete, sometimes the Windows Task Manager doesn't even open, I keep clicking on Ctrl/Alt/Delete and eventually WTM does open and I can "end task" from there, but then everything is closed off and I have to start all over again.

Another strange thing is when I click on something I can hear the CPU fan kick in REAL loud, it hums and hums and the system seems to not respond when that happens, but when it goes back to quieter hum then the system responds...sometimes.  This doesn't seem to be just my browser because even my email program has become very sluggish and slow, click on an email, it opens, then I click on another email and nothing happens, the previous email just sits there and it won't change.  I have to close my email program and restart it again.

Can anyone help me, please..this is getting waay too frustrating.

Thanks,

Yep. scratchhead.gif 

Please reply via return email notification.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , post the link, do not copy/paste the report, please.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2013 - 03:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users