Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Virus Policy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phareaux

Phareaux

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

We have a few users that seem to get infected with a virus quite often.  We are looking for a computer virus policy or log that a person would need to sign agreeing they had a virus and what they were doing etc.  I've searched online any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Hello Phareaux  and Welcome -
Would you be able to explain the type of environment that you are concerned about ??
Is this corporate / school / private users group / or another setup that you are involved in ??

Can your group obtain a multi purpose Antivirus (even M.S.E. free) for their personal use ??

Please remember that any forced "signed" article may be infringing on personal rights also -

Thank You -

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Computer use should be covered under the employment policy. As long as the computer is owned by the employer they can do what ever they want. It should already be covered by conditions of employment. Now if these computers are owned by employees and they are working under contract. That becomes a whole different matter and you'll need legal guidance to comply with state regulations. This is assuming we are talking about US based employment law.

NOTE: I am not a lawyer and the preceding should not be taken as legal advice.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

A policy is something you publish for your employees/users to adhere to, and you could also ask your employees/users to sign a document they've read and understood the policy before they start using your infrastructure.

Why are you looking for a document your employees/users need to sign after the facts (e.g. infection)?

Didier Stevens
http://blog.DidierStevens.com
http://DidierStevensLabs.com

SANS ISC Senior Handler
Microsoft MVP 2011-2016 Consumer Security, Windows Insider MVP 2016-2019
MVP_Horizontal_BlueOnly.png

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users