Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing will load from safe mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pixydoodle

Pixydoodle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I want to run superantispyware in safe mode, but none of my installed programs will run under the admin account.  I can't open help/support, control panel or anything else.  The only way to get out once I'm in is hit CTRL/ALT/DEL and logout through the task manager.  And my HD crashed and I did an acronis restore 2 days ago so I have no restore points in system restore. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Hello Pixydoodle  and Welcome -
Are you trying to run SUPERAntiSpyware from Start > Programs or direct from the desktop icon ??
Was your version of S.A.S. reasonably up to date, and are you selected Safe Mode With Networking ??
Mine just ran a quick SAS scan scan in Safe Mode with Networking, as my XP also crashed several days ago -

my HD crashed < < Are you sure that the HDD crashed, and it was not Graphics or something else ??
Can you access anything on the problem computer with "Networking" selected (forget about System Restore)

I can only use my XP in Safe mode currently - I am  logged on now in Safe Mode with Networking.

Do you get an option as you log into Safe Mode to use your personal accoubt or just Administrator ?
I select My account, then I get an offer to System restore or continue in Safe mode (select Yes to continue).
There are several things that you will not be able to do in this mode, but it is a starting point.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users